Materials for Drawing and Painting Yantras
- A3 watercolour textured paper, 300g/m2 (the best paper is cold pressed from Arches)
- Drawing compass – a ‘bow’ compass (or two) is recommended as they are stable and do not move when being used.
- Pencils – H, 2H and HB
- Straight edge ruler (30 cm)
- Pencil sharpener
- Watercolour paint set – the solid ‘pans’ would be preferable to the tubes – (about 12 colours, you don’t need many colours, really just the three primary colours).
- Palette (if not already included in your paint set anyway)
- Watercolour brushes size 0, 2, 3 or 5
Suggested optional materials:
- Sketchbook A4 for notes and smaller drawings
- Pencils B, a 2B or 3B for darker lines/shading
- Mechanical pencils 0.5/0.3
- Kneaded rubber eraser
- Elastomer eraser MONO zero (Tombow) – very helpful for erasing small areas.
- Sandpaper for sharpening your pencils
- Drop bow compass
- Coloured pencils
- Silver and gold gouache paints
Please contact us in case you have any questions: